Donald Trump’s victory—which shocked Europe’s political and media elite—gives the populists backing the “No” side of Italy’s referendum the political rocket fuel they need for a virtually guaranteed win.Meanwhile, the children of EU elites are literally being raped and murdered by the very "refugees" they welcomed inside their nations. Their trans-European globalism isn't merely untenable these days, it is very nearly as intellectually finished as Communism.
That momentum will be all but impossible to reverse. Anti-elite sentiment is rising on both sides of the Atlantic. And I bet the global populist revolution will continue.
If Italians buck the establishment—and it looks like they will—it will clear a path for a populist party to take power and for Italy to exit the euro.
If that happens, the fallout will be catastrophic for global markets. The Financial Times recently put it this way:
An Italian exit from the single currency would trigger the total collapse of the eurozone within a very short period.
It would probably lead to the most violent economic shock in history, dwarfing the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy in 2008 and the 1929 Wall Street crash.
If the FT is even partially right, we’re looking at a possible stock market crash of historic proportions. This is why we’re watching the December 4 referendum so closely.
The referendum is meant to concentrate more power in Italy’s central government. On that point alone, everyone should oppose it. The centralization of power never leads to good things.
A “Yes” vote is effectively a vote of confidence in the current pro-EU Italian establishment. This is what the global elite wants.
A “No” vote is how the average Italian can give the finger to the faceless EU bureaucrats in Brussels, whom many blame—quite correctly—for their problems.
Trump’s win has been a double whammy for Italy’s pro-EU establishment.
First, it emboldens the populist forces fighting the referendum.
Second, it humiliates and politically castrates Matteo Renzi, the current Italian prime minister. Renzi took a rare step when he openly endorsed Hillary Clinton. He was the only European leader to do so.
As one of Renzi’s rivals said after Trump’s victory, “Matteo Renzi is politically finished from today, he’s a dead man walking.”
Other Italian politicians are furious that he weakened Italy’s standing with the new Trump administration....
Austria is holding a presidential election, also on December 4. It’s actually a redo of an election held in May, where a populist candidate, Norbert Hofer of the Freedom Party, barely lost.
Austrian courts found irregularities in the results and ordered a prompt new election. But when opinion polls showed the populist candidate in the lead, the government delayed the vote until December 4, giving a lame excuse about faulty adhesive on absentee ballots. Despite the foot-dragging, Mr. Hofer looks set to win the December 4 vote.
France has a presidential election next spring. There’s a chance that Marine Le Pen, leader of the Eurosceptic National Front party, will do better than many expect. After more than a decade of disappointment under presidents François Hollande and Nicolas Sarkozy, French voters are clamoring for something different.
Spain recently re-elected incumbent Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy. However, Spanish voters fled traditional political parties en masse for new populist upstarts Podemos and Ciudadanos. So Rajoy was unable to form a majority government. Rajoy now leads a severely weak minority government. The political power of the Spanish populist parties is only expected to grow.
Angela Merkel, the chancellor of Germany, embodies the European establishment more than any other politician. Her party suffered a series of stinging defeats in regional elections this year, mostly because of her signature lax immigration policies, which have flooded Germany with migrants. Merkel’s troubles have only helped the Alternative for Germany, a new populist party surging in popularity. The party could pose a real problem for Merkel in the 2017 federal elections.
As the Netherlands approaches elections in March, Geert Wilders’s Party for Freedom, which advocates leaving the EU, is basically tied in opinion polls with the establishment parties.
- Castalia | @castaliahouse
- DevGame | @voxday
- Amazon VD | Brainstorm
- Dark Lord Consulting
- Dark Lord Designs
- RULES OF THE BLOG
- mailvox | writing
- economics | free trade
- cartoons | immigration
- atheism | science
- books | evolution
- vibrancy | sports
- trainwreck | McRapey
- Rules of Writing | SFWA
- Book Reviews | Lions Den
- Banned Trolls | Fifth Horseman
- Umberto Eco translations
- Selenoth | Quantum Mortis
PRINT AND AUDIO
Vol 1.2: Karl Denninger
Vol 1.3: Nick Novello
Vol 1.4: John Julius Norwich
Vol 1.5: John O'Neill
Vol 1.6: Rep. Thad McCotter
Vol 1.7: John Hawkins
Vol 1.8: Steve Keen
Vol 1.9: James Delingpole
- The Landmark Thucydides
- America's Great Depression
- Liberal Fascism
- The Divine Comedy: Inferno
- On the Existence of Gods
- Team Calvin: Five Questions
- Dissecting the Skeptics
- The Non-Dilemma of Euthyphro
- The Fifth Horseman
- Umberto Eco
- Jonah Goldberg
- Daniel Hannan
- Ian Wishart
- Dinesh D'Souza
- James Delingpole
- John Derbyshire (Doomed)
- John Derbyshire (NRO)
- Jonathan Haidt
- John Romero
- John Williams
- David Frum
- Thomas Woods
- Rep. Ron Paul
- Rep. Thaddeus McCotter
- Max Keiser
Interviews of Me
- Speculative Faith
- Talking to the Devil
- Strike the Root
- Ilana Mercer
- Alt Investors
- John Brown interview
- The Ranting Room
SITES OF INTEREST
Sunday, December 04, 2016
A teenage Afghan asylum seeker has been arrested in Germany for the rape and murder of a beautiful 19-year-old medical student. Maria Ladenburger was found dead in the university city of Freiburg, near the border with Switzerland in mid October. According to media reports, she was the daughter of a high-ranking EU official.One can certainly have sympathy for the murdered girl. No young woman should suffer such a fate. But for the father, there can be none. He literally sacrificed his daughter on the altar of his idiotically ahistorical ideology. If only the elite would pay more of the price of their policies, perhaps they would not govern so foolishly.
A single strand of hair found at the crime scene led investigators to a 17-year-old migrant who arrived in Germany last year as an unaccompanied minor. The suspect has confessed to the murder, according to police. He was arrested on Friday and will go before the courts next year. Maria was drowned after being raped, her body found in the River Dreisam on October 16.
If you're still stupid enough to advocate for open borders or bringing refugees into the country, keep in mind that the next victim of immigrant crime could be your child. Some amount of crime in a society is escapable. But 100 percent of immigrant-related crime is absolutely avoidable and totally unnecessary.
Saturday, December 03, 2016
Labels: decline and fall
Representative Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA) was offered the Deputy Secretary of State position by President-elect Donald J. Trump’s transition team, but declined because he “could not support a Secretary of State that didn’t have Trump’s policies”, according to a source with intimate knowledge of the process.Then again, perhaps Trump will just give him the top spot.
The source told GotNews that Rohrabacher, who was being considered for the Secretary of State post, refused to serve under a Secretary who did not align with Donald Trump’s foreign policy views.
Rohrabacher, an “outspoken Trump enthusiast” and long-serving member of the House called “Putin’s favorite congressman” for his pro-peace views, stands out among the other potential picks for head of the State Department, such as Trump-hating failed presidential candidate Mitt Romney, gun-grabbing classified info leaker David Petraeus, and neoconservative warmonger John Bolton.
The Deputy Secretary of State position is currently filled by Obama’s Tony Blinken, who was appointed in 2015. The Deputy Secretary of State is the chief assistant to the Secretary and replaces them as Acting Secretary in the case of death or other emergency.
Rohrabacher evidently chose not to take his chances and risk serving under a conventional establishment Secretary of State with pro-war, anti-Trump foreign policy views, such as Mitt Romney, John Bolton, or David Petraeus.
Rudy Giuliani, another contender for the post, was exclusively revealed by GotNews to have failed his own vetting process, likely due to his recent foreign lobbying. Giuliani is no longer in the race.
BACK FROM THE DEAD is the first book in The Stars Came Back series. It is a space western, the story of regular folks just trying stay alive, seeking work to earn money for repairs to get to the next job, with no shortage of action and adventure along the way. It is military sci-fi, featuring a company of mercenaries, spaceship combat, mortar and rifle combat, spear-and-shield battle, and post-traumatic stress disorder. And it is a philosophical investigation, pondering everything from the lessons of Achilles to how one stops a bar fight with earplugs.
BACK FROM THE DEAD is 346 pages and is available in both paperback and hardcover.
The space liner’s lounge is sparse and spare, dim with the faint, reddish light that indicates the night shift. A few round ports and several screens line the walls above solidly mounted furniture. Helton slouches at an angle, half-facing Art, an elderly businessman with a dazed expression on his face and a drink in his hand, looking absently out one of the larger viewing ports. His coat is in a heap on another chair, and his bag supports his feet. “By the time it was over, virtually all my assets were forfeited on the spot, I’d been stripped of citizenship, and searched by the Blue Gloves way more personally than I’d like. How?” He shakes his head slowly in disbelief. “How did we get here?”
“It could be worse,” the old man says quietly. “You are here, yes?”
Helton stares at him, incredulous. “Well, yeah, but–”
“Not in jail. Not in uniform.”
Comprehension dawns on Helton’s face. He takes a drink, then says, “But I don’t understand. Why?”
“They get a percentage of any fines or forfeitures they assess, as an ‘incentive’ to be attentive to the letter of the law. Likely you were put on a list some time ago, and this was just the easiest opportunity to make you go away. If they hadn’t gotten busy with that bomb on Level Eight, you might still be there.”
“Wha…? Bomb? Nobody said anything about a bomb.”
“The disturbance that called them away?”
“But that was some sort of transformer explosion in an electrical vault…”
Art looks as him with a slight shake of his head and a knowing, apologetic smile on his face. “Always buy a round trip ticket. Always have the appearance that you have good reason to come back, and no plans to do otherwise. Terrorist, separatists, false flag — makes no difference.”
“You are just now realizing what’s been going on these last months and years?”
Helton says, feebly, not even accepting his own excuse, “Been busy.”
“People have had to flee on a moment, packing light, for thousands of years. The warning signs of collapse are always the same. The debt. The scapegoats. The lies. The ‘temporary emergency measures.’ I cut it closer than I should have.” Art shrugs and takes a drink from his own glass. “My family is all safely away, and everything else shipped ahead for us by others.” A small, sympathetic smile crosses his wizened face. “It looks like you won’t be returning, either.”
Helton looks at him in disbelief, frowning, brows knit. Quietly, in shock, he says to himself, “Homeless.” He turns his gaze back to the port, staring blankly.
“You are lucky, though,” Art says.
“If this is lucky, I’d hate to see unlucky.”
“They picked you clean, but they let you leave.” He looks intensely at Helton. “Think. What do you have? Where are you going?”
He shrugs, waves to his coat and bag. “My sister’s.”
Helton shakes his head, still not sure what Art is asking. Art taps his temple, then his chest. Then waves to the room around them, at the glass in Helton’s hand. Slowly, forcing himself to think positively, Helton taps his temple. “I have … useful skills … and knowledge.” He touches his chest. “I’m heading for family … who will welcome me. Work. I’m not sucking vacuum or” he holds up his glass, “dying of thirst in a desert. Better off than Odysseus meeting Nausicaä.”
A big smile spreads across the old man’s face. “A man of education.”
“Not enough. Didn’t see this coming.”
“It will serve you well. Never forget your assets, just because you acquired some new liabilities. Have faith in yourself, and you’ll be okay. God works in mysterious ways.”
Helton looks at Art silently for a long moment. He drains his glass, unconvinced.
The Kellogg Co. said in a statement that it regularly works with media buying partners to “ensure our ads do not appear on sites that aren’t aligned with our values as set forth in our advertising guidelines.”I don't know about you, but I think I can give up Rice Krispies for America. But it's good to know that we can refuse to do business with those who don't share our values.
Kellogg’s guidelines state that it won’t place ads in media that “encourages offensive behavior to others, or where the media is not consistent with our product or corporate image.”
The cereal company said that it advertises on a large number of websites, “so occasionally something is inadvertently missed. In this case, we learned from consumers that ads were placed on Breitbart.com and decided to discontinue advertising there.”
It is common for companies to buy online ads through third-party networks or ad exchanges that place the ads on numerous sites. As a result, many companies may not be aware of which sites on which their ads ultimately appear.
Other companies that have pulled their ads from Breitbart in recent weeks include the insurance giant Allstate and the ad exchange AppNexus.
- L'Alt-Destra è della destra politica nel senso Americano e Europeano. Socialisti non sono Alt-Destra. Progressivisti non sono Alt-Destra. Liberali non sono Alt-Destra. Communisti, Marxisti, Marxisti culturali, e neo-conservatori non sono Alt-Destra.
- L'Alt-Destra è un ALTERNATIVA al conservatorismo tradizionale degli Stati Uniti d'America nominalmente descritto dai 10 Principi Conservatori di Russel Kirk, ma che in realtà si è trasformato nel progressivismo. L'Alt-Destra è anche un alternativa al libertarianismo.
- L'Alt-Destra non è un atteggiamento difensivo e rigetta il concetto della sconfitta nobile e di principio. È una filosofia anticipativa e offensiva in tutto senso della parola. L'Alt-Destra creda nella vittoria attraverso la perseveranza in armonia con la scienza, la realtà, la tradizione culturale, e le lezioni del passato.
- L'Alt-Destra creda che l'Occidente esemplifica l'apice della realizzazione umana e mantiene le sue colonne fondamentali: la Cristianità, le nazioni Europee, e l'eredità Greco-Romana.
- L'Alt-Destra è apertamente e esplicitamente nazionalista. Sostiene tutti i nazionalismi e il diritto di ogni nazione di esistere, omogeneo e incontaminato dell'invasione straniera e dell'immigrazione.
- L'Alt-Destra è anti-globalista. Si oppone a ogni gruppo che lavora per ideali o obiettivi globalisti.
- L'Alt-Destra è anti-uguaglianza. Rigetta l'esistenza dell'uguaglianza per la stessa ragione che rigetta l'esistenza degli unicorni o dei folletti, facendo nota del fatto che l'uguaglianza umana non esiste in qualsiasi forma scientifica, legale, materiale, intellettuale, sessuale, o spirituale.
- L'Alt-Destra è scientodista. Accetta con presunzione le conclusioni correnti del metodo scientifico (scientodia), tenendo conto che (a) queste conclusioni potrebbero poi essere riviste, (b) gli scienziati sono suscettibili alla corruzione, e (c) il cosiddetto consenso scientifico non è basato sulla scientodia ma sulla democrazia, e quindi non è scientifica.
- L'Alt-Destra creda che l'identita > cultura > politica
- L'Alt-Destra si oppone alla dominazione di un gruppo etnico indigeno da un altro, particolarmente nelle patrie dei gruppi dominati. L'Alt-Destra si oppone a qualsiasi gruppo etnico estraneo che ottiene un influenza eccessiva in qualsiasi società, sia per il nepotismo sia per il tribalismo sia per qualsiasi metodo.
- L'Alt-Destra capisce che diversità + prossimità = guerra.
- L'Alt-Destra non se ne frega di che ne pensi.
- L'Alt-Destra rigetta il liberoscambismo internazionale e il libero movimento della gente che il liberoscambismo esige. I vantaggi del liberoscambismo intranazionale non danno prova dei vantaggi del liberoscambismo internazionale.
- L'Alt-Destra creda che dobbiamo assicurare l'esistenza della razza bianca e un futuro per bambini bianchi.
- L'Alt-Destra non creda nella supremazia generale di qualsiasi razza, nazione, gente, o sotto-specie. Ogni razza, nazione, gente, e sotto-specie umana ha i sui propri vantaggi e le sue proprie debolezze, e possiede il diritto assoluto di abitare indisturbata nella cultura nativa che preferisce.
- L'Alt-Destra è una filosofia che tiene in gran conto la pace fra le diverse nazioni del mondo e oppone le guerre che servono solo a imporre i valori di una nazione su un'altra. Si oppone anche gli sforzi per sterminare singole nazioni con la guerra, il genocidio, l'immigrazione, o l'assimilazione genetica.
- Charles Taylor, multiculturalist philosopher
A: Santa was a Negro, Hamilton was a Negro, and Barbie a fat Jewess who looked like a pig.
Q: Why did the great ethnic cleansing of America take place?
The demographic devastation of the USA is not an accident. It was planned. It is intentional. It is taking place all around you. None of the whitefacing and mudsharking and Schrödingering and cucking that you're seeing in the media and in the culture is innocent. It is collectively intended to destroy the surviving remnants of America proper, America per se, the original America of the Founding Fathers that has been under assault from the melting potists and propositionals and equalitarians since the early 20th century.
It should be patently obvious to even those most strongly in denial that a geographical location in which the national identity has been recreated is no longer the same nation. Just as the continental land mass can no longer be described as Native American, it can no longer be described as American.
The United States of America is no longer united, a collection of sovereign states, or American. Discuss amongst yourselves....
That joke was a lot easier to laugh knowingly at when it concerned the Holy Roman Empire, wasn't it?
Friday, December 02, 2016
The book for the second quarter of 2017 is where I'm looking for your input. I have the following possibilities, all of which are partially written or plotted out already.If you care to weigh in, you can do so at his blog.
- A heroic fantasy novel. Sword and sorcery in the classic tradition, with good triumphing over evil (of course!). The first draft of this novel is about 45% complete.
- Another fantasy novel, less in the 'heroic' tradition, but including sword and sorcery in a more formal military setting. Think late Middle Ages or early Renaissance in a European-style country. First draft is about 30% complete.
- A space detective novel, set in the Maxwell universe and tying in with the Maxwell Saga from time to time (i.e. characters from both series will get together). First draft is about 30% complete.
- A mil-sci-fi novel set in the Maxwell universe, but with completely new characters. The idea would be to establish a backstory from which the character might meet and/or work with Steve Maxwell in future books. Plotted out, but not yet begun.
First Marine Division was holding their first ROC Drill, the rehearsal of concept of what we were about to do. I had never seen a walk-through like this before. Marines had spent days building an enormous reproduction of southern Iraq in a bowl formed by a huge, semicircular sand dune. Each road, each river, each canal, each oil field was built to scale and even in proper color (water was blue dye poured into a sand ditch, and so on.)As I've repeatedly observed about the God-Emperor Ascendant, when he says he is going to get the best people, he isn't blowing smoke or pontificating. He's simply expressing his intentions. And if those he hires subsequently demonstrate they can't get it done, he doesn't hesitate to eject them and replace them with someone who can.
Each Marine unit wore football jerseys in different colors, and with proper numbers. First Battalion, Fifth Marines, known as one-fifth, wore blue jerseys with “15” on the back, and other units were similarly identified. Principal staff from those units stood on the “border” drawn in the sand. About 300 officers stood and sat on the dune above. It was the perfect way to visualize what was about to happen.
General Mattis stood up and took a handheld microphone. Without referencing a single piece of paper, he discussed what each unit would do and in what sequence, and outlined his end state for each phase of the early war. He spoke for nearly 30 minutes, and his complete mastery of every nuance of the battle forthcoming was truly impressive.
A narrator then took over and picked up the narrative, the rest of the first week of the early war in sequence. As he described each movement, the officers from that unit walked to the proper place on their terrain model, and by the end of an hour the colored jerseys were spread over nearly a football field’s worth of sand. What a show.
At the end of the drill, questions were answered and then Mattis dismissed everyone. No messing around with this guy. Mike Murdoch, one of the British company commanders, leaned over to me, his eyes wide. “Mate, are all your generals that good?”
I looked at him.
“No. He is the best we have.”
Major Tom @MajorTom
In Hong Kong on the MTR right now and the local guy standing next to me has @infogalactic open on his phone.
How cool is that? These are challenging times, to be sure, but even so, it is an exciting time to be alive!
Speaking of Brainstorm, we're doing a belated November session on Monday night at 7 PM. Closed event, lots to discuss. Invites will go out tomorrow.
On Nov. 1, 2006, I found my wife, Adrienne Shelly, dead in her West Village office. Adrienne, an actor and filmmaker, had been brutally murdered by a 19-year-old undocumented Ecuadorean construction worker; he later said they were having an argument and, fearing she would report him and have him deported, he killed her and staged her death so it would appear to be a suicide. Our daughter was just 2 years old at the time.Americans don't need to demonize the 65 million invaders in order to send them home. But if that's what it will take, then that's what will happen. And no amount of epic cuckery, even of this near-Platonic form-style, is going to stand in the way for long.
Given the anger and grief I still feel, I could easily be seduced by Donald J. Trump’s anti-immigrant rhetoric that is the cornerstone of his presidential run. “They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists,” he said as he began his campaign in 2015. And in these final weeks before the election, rather than tacking to the middle, he seems to be doubling down. “We’ve got some bad hombres,” he said in last week’s debate, referring to immigrants who commit crimes.
And it’s not just Mr. Trump. In the years since Adrienne’s murder I’ve received several offers from prominent members of the conservative media, including Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly and Megyn Kelly, to speak out on this issue and give legitimacy to right-wing anti-immigrant sentiment. Who better than a Democrat to attack an entire segment of our population, right?
But Adrienne was not murdered by an illegal immigrant, per se. She fell victim to a depraved killer who simply happened to be an undocumented immigrant. It is an obvious distinction, almost too obvious, but it’s an important one to consider as the country goes further down the dangerous path of demonizing those not born here.
It's not about illegals or even immigrants per se. It's about something much more primal. It's about who we are and who is not us. We are not abstractions. We are not ideas. We are flesh-and-blood people, and those who ignore physical reality are, as always, the most likely to suffer the physical consequences.
WIKIPEDIA:It's not Infogalactic's purpose to take sides on anything. Indeed, its objective is quite the opposite, which is to permit the user to dictate the perspective filter through which he wishes to view the known facts. Wikipedia, obviously, takes a very different stance.
Pizzagate may refer to:
Pizzagate, pizza thrown at former football manager and player Sir Alex Ferguson by an Arsenal Football Club player in the 2004 "Battle of the Buffet"
Pizzagate, a 2016 conspiracy theory falsely claiming the existence of a child trafficking ring involving the Washington, D.C. restaurant Comet Ping Pong
Pizzagate is a crowdsourced investigation by citizen journalists into an alleged connection between child trafficking and people closely associated with Hillary Clinton. The investigation began in October 2016 after Wikileaks released the Podesta emails, which contain 58,660 emails from the Gmail account of John Podesta, who was the chairman of Clinton's 2016 U.S. presidential campaign. Investigators exchanged information online via Twitter, Gab, 4chan, Reddit, and Voat.
Notice how Wikipedia's 526 thought police are not providing accurate information relevant to the subject, but are instead aggressively acting as gatekeepers in precisely the same manner as the corrupt media they declare to be the only reliable sources acceptable. It's a bit ironic, too, that it is the wealthy foundation with more than $70 million in annual revenue has a giant banner stretched across the page demanding more donations, not the shoe-string startup.
We're getting close to addressing our primary issue as the initial round of speedups should be in place well before the end of the month. If you would like help us provide the world with a more accurate and less biased planetary knowledge core that is free of SJW corruption, you can join the Burn Unit or make a one-time donation towards the ongoing Phase Two development here.
The stark parallels between Gamergate and the political atmosphere of 2016 may come as a surprise, but it shouldn’t: both saw their impact and reach amplified by self-interested parties who underplayed the obvious nastiness they were also promoting. With 2014’s Gamergate, Breitbart seized the opportunity to harness the pre-existing ignorance and anger among disaffected young white dudes. With Trump’s movement in 2016, the outlet was effectively running his campaign: Steve Bannon took leave of his role at the company in August 2016 when he was hired as chief executive of Trump’s presidential campaign. Despite Bannon’s distance from Breitbart in an official capacity, the outlet’s ideology and relentless support of Trump remained unchanged – with editor-in-chief Joel Pollak notably sending an internal memo to staff that ordered them not to support Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields after allegations she was attacked by Trump’s campaign manager Corey Lewandowski.The last two sentences demonstrate what I mean by the Alt-Right being the only ideological perspective that is rooted in reality. The West is our culture and it is being ripped away from us. Equality is not a threat because it is nonexistent; diversity is an existential threat. And demographics is, quite literally, a zero-sum game.
Breitbart’s aspirations to directly influence politics extend a long way into Europe, too – Bannon is openly keen to collaborate with the far-right Marine Le Pen in France, and hired UKIP’s Raheem Hassam to co-run the Breitbart London office. These movements are gaining ground by finding political figures who will legitimise them in return for the support of their swollen online communities. The young men converted via 2014’s Gamergate, are being more widely courted now. By leveraging distrust and resentment towards women, minorities and progressives, many of Gamergate’s most prominent voices – characters like Mike Cernovich, Adam Baldwin, and Milo Yiannopoulos – drew power and influence from its chaos. These figures gave Gamergate a new sense of direction – generalising the rhetoric: this was now a wider war between “Social Justice Warriors” (SJWs) and everyday, normal, decent people. Games were simply the tip of the iceberg – progressive values, went the argument, were destroying everything. The same voices moved into other geek communities, especially comics, where Marvel and DC were criticised for progressive storylines and decisions. They moved into science fiction with the controversy over the Hugo awards. They moved into cinema with the revolting kickback against the all-female Ghostbusters reboot. Despite colonising the world with pointless tech and plastering modern film and TV with fan-pleasing adaptations of niche comic books, nerds still had a taste for revenge. They saw the culture they considered theirs being ripped away from them. In their zero sum mindset, they read growing artistic equality as a threat.
Meanwhile, all of #GamerGate is looking puzzled and wondering "when was Mike Cernovich ever one of our most prominent voices?" About the same time we were leveraging distrust and resentment towards women and minorities, one presumes. They know nothing and they've learned nothing. That's why we will continue to defeat them.
We have no idea where this will lead, but our continued insistence on shrugging off the problems of the internet as “not real” – as something we can just log out of – is increasingly misled.Well, perhaps they've learned that. Not that it's going to do them any good, as long as they insist on believing their own revisionist histories.
Thursday, December 01, 2016
President-elect Donald Trump has chosen retired Marine Gen. James N. Mattis to be secretary of defense, nominating a former senior military officer who led operations across the Middle East to run the Pentagon less than four years after he hung up his uniform, according to people familiar with the decision.Once more, Donald Trump exceeds expectations. It will be good to see a genuine strategist who understands war and is capable of riding herd on the neocons and their insane, ignorant fantasies in a position of overseeing the military.
To take the job, Mattis will need Congress to pass new legislation to bypass a federal law that states secretaries of defense must not have been on active duty in the previous seven years. Congress has granted a similar exception just once, when Gen. George C. Marshall was appointed to the job in 1950.
An announcement is likely by early next week, according to the people familiar with the decision. Mattis declined to comment. Spokespersons for Trump’s transition team did not respond to requests for comment.
Mattis, 66, retired as the chief of U.S. Central Command in spring 2013 after serving more than four decades in the Marine Corps. He is known as one of the most influential military leaders of his generation, serving as a strategic thinker while occasionally drawing rebukes for his aggressive talk. Since retiring, he has served as a consultant and as a visiting fellow with the Hoover Institution, a think tank at Stanford University.
One hopes this will bring an end to the lunacy that has pervaded the Pentagon since 2001.
The best thing about Trump's selections is that he clearly has a penchant for self-confident men who are not inclined to be influenced by the vagaries and narratives of the media.
To gain some insight into Mattis's thinking, it's worth reading A New American Grand Strategy, a piece he wrote for the Hoover Institute:
The world is awash in change. The international order, so painstakingly put together by the greatest generation coming home from mankind’s bloodiest conflict, is under increasing stress. It was created with elements we take for granted: the United Nations, NATO, the Marshall Plan, Bretton Woods and more. The constructed order reflected the wisdom of those who recognized no nation lived as an island and we needed new ways to deal with challenges that for better or worse impacted all nations. Like it or not, today we are part of this larger world and must carry out our part. We cannot wait for problems to arrive here or it will be too late; rather we must remain strongly engaged in this complex world.Sure, some of the language he uses is enough to make one reflexively reach for one's pistol and scan for neocons. But the salient point is that what the USA has been doing since the end of the Cold War IS NOT VIABLE. And the fact that we "must remain strongly engaged in this complex world" is not a prescription, it is an accurate observation.
The international order built on the state system is not self-sustaining. It demands tending by an America that leads wisely, standing unapologetically for the freedoms each of us in this room have enjoyed. The hearing today addresses the need for America to adapt to changing circumstances, to come out now from its reactive crouch and to take a firm strategic stance in defense of our values.
While we recognize that we owe future generations the same freedoms we enjoy, the challenge lies in how to carry out our responsibility. We have lived too long now in a strategy-free mode.
To do so America needs a refreshed national strategy.
He doesn't say what the nature of that engagement is. And, more reassuringly, there are these comments:
- We know that the “foreseeable future” is not foreseeable; our review must incorporate unpredictability, recognizing risk while avoiding gambling with our nation’s security.Incorporating the broadest issues in its assessments, Congress should consider what we must do if the national debt is assessed to be the biggest national security threat we face.
- Strategy connects ends, ways and means. With less military available, we must reduce our appetite for using it. Absent growing our military, there must come a time when moral outrage, serious humanitarian plight, or lesser threats cannot be militarily addressed. Prioritization is needed if we are to remain capable of the most critical mission for which we have a military: to fight on short notice and defend the country.
If nothing else, at least he's asking some of the right questions.
The 2016 Troll of the Year Nominations:This is really a group nomination I'm proud to share with all the Rabid Puppies. But, as magnificent as our trolling was, it can hardly compare with that of St. Godfrey Elfwick the Wrongskinned or of the God-Emperor Ascendant himself. Sometimes, it's just honor just to be nominated.
- Donald J. Trump: for his presidential campaign. Who can forget the masterful way the President-Elect played the media over and over again? And let’s face it… his comment about Mexican rapists was classic old-school trolling. Make a comment that superficially sounds awful but on close examination isn’t, then stand back and watch the explosion. Or in this case… ride it to the White House. Well played Sir.
- Godfrey Elfwick: for his epic trolling of the Guardian. We could just name these the Elfwicks and give them all to him. The man is like a troll savant. If we ever create a lifetime achievement award for trolling, it will really just be because we want to give it to him. This particularly incident was noteworthy even for him though. The real art is in the way the piece is written… it plays perfectly to the confirmation bias of the left… and yet has a trollish smell to it that cannot be missed by those of us on the right.
- Vox Day and the Rabid Puppies: for nominating Chuck Tingle and My Little Pony for Hugo Awards. Space Raptor Butt Invasion was nominated for the Hugo Awards. Imagine the pretentious self-important types that hand out super important awards having to release that title or announce it at their stuffed-shirt ceremony. Oh wait… we don’t have to imagine it. We got to watch it live. Thanks Vox.
- The Baltimore Lyin’ Murderers: for the “Cheating to Win” game. Its one thing to know the rules better than everyone else. Its another to use the rulebook as a blunt force weapon to bludgeon the league that uses it. Baltimore exploited a rule that does not add time back to the game clock after an offensive penalty. So they just told all their players to blatantly commit holding penalties while the QB ran around and let the clock run out. A million yellow flags hit the ground as soon as the play was over, but it didn’t matter. Game over. Baltimore wins. That’s some quality trolling. Also… Joe Flacco is not elite.
- Senator Ted Cruz: for his speech at the GOP National Convention. Some called it political suicide. Some shouted praises of principled conservatism. But everyone shouted… and that is the finest evidence of trolling there is. The Senator from Texas as been an under-appreciated troll expert for years. Let’s face it, the guy read Green Eggs and Ham on the Senate floor.
- Jill Stein: for raising money for recounts in states Donald Trump won. Campaign Finance Laws don’t apply to money being raised for recounts. Call it shameless self-promotion… or a exploiting liberal butthurt in a blatant money grab… either way it is clearly some quality trolling.
Gilberic Parzival Moth is a strange and lonely boy who has grown up without a father, raised by a single mother who moves from town to town in fear of something she will not name. His only friends are animals, with whom he has always been able to speak. And after surviving his bewildering encounter with the two kings of Elfland and their many strange and wonderful and terrible subjects, as chronicled in FEAST OF THE ELFS, Gilberic finds himself honor-bound to travel to a house of living death called the Green Chapel.
Accompanied only by his faithful dog and following the directions of a talking horse, Gilberic must go against his beloved mother's wishes and go in search of the Green Knight, the mysterious giant who is said to dwell in the chapel, and whom he had previously beheaded. SWAN KNIGHT'S SWORD is the third and final book of THE GREEN KNIGHT'S SQUIRE, the first volume of MOTH & COBWEB, an astonishing new series about magical worlds of Day, Night, and Twilight by John C. Wright.
John C. Wright is one of the living grandmasters of science fiction and the author of THE GOLDEN AGE, AWAKE IN THE NIGHT LAND, and IRON CHAMBER OF MEMORY, to name just three of his exceptional books. He has been nominated for the Nebula Award, for the Hugo Award, and his novel SOMEWHITHER won the 2016 Dragon Award for Best Science Fiction Novel at Dragoncon.
SWAN KNIGHT'S SWORD is now available on Amazon for $4.99. It is 180 pages and DRM-free. It is old-school fantasy of the very best kind, more in the mode of Lord Dunsany, C.S. Lewis, and Lloyd Alexander than JRR Tolkien and GRR Martin.
THE GREEN KNIGHT'S SQUIRE trilogy is now complete.
Since 1972, the General Social Survey has collected data on how many Americans think "most people can be trusted." A guy named Josh Morgan graphed it, and while the south has always taken a more "we don't like your kind 'round here" position, most of America started the 70s in a pretty good place:Now, what could possibly have changed since 1972? What could possibly have reduced the sense of community, and trust, and unity to the point that the average percentage of people who believe "most people can be trusted" has fallen from 46.2 percent to 32.4 percent.
Now fast-forward to 2012:
"Trust" isn't just an intangible concept when we're talking about the potential for civil warfare. Sinisa Malesevic is a professor who studies the sociology of civil wars and a survivor of the Yugoslavian civil war. He's someone Marvel really should've reached out to for script advice, and he noted the breakdown of trust was one of the first traumatizing steps to war, "... in a very short period of time, there is a complete sense of fear, you do not know who is who, who is supporting which side ... that fear spreads."
Sinisa also pointed out that most civil wars start after a loss of trust in the government, particularly law enforcement: "One of the defining features of any state is a legitimate monopoly on the use of violence." In other words, if we trust the police to handle bad guys better than armed groups of vigilantes, we'll probably trust the government more than armed groups of insurgents.
"And if police are not seen as doing their job ... I think that certainly has an impact."
Could it, perhaps, be the alteration of the country's population demographic by the largest invasion in human history?
It might make Cracked feel better to know that their reasons for a possible civil war are largely irrelevant. It probably won't make them feel better to be informed that there are much better reasons for a civil war to be almost inevitable at this point.
As I noted previously, Peter Turchin and his team have calcuated that the Population Stress Index is already at 1856 levels. While there is no definite trigger point, the USA is already well within the range that civil wars happen. And since the USA is not even a reasonable approximation of a genuine nation anymore, Round Two promises to be considerably less civil than its predecessor.
Donald Trump and the Alt-Right are very likely the last hope for avoiding the balkanization and break-up of the USA. Regardless of what you think of either, you would be wise to support both if you wish there to be domestic peace on the North American continent.
Pro tip: if you write me telling me you're tired of me writing about politics, expect a response along the line of "I don't fucking care."
John Scalzi @scalzi
Pointed out to me a certain racist failure is still desperately trying to prove he's more popular than I am. Well, with assholes, certainly.
James S.A. Corey @JamesSACorey
How come you get all the cool enemies?
John Scalzi @scalzi
Well, if by "cool" you mean "sad little bigoted manchildren, wailing disconsolately at the indifference of others": just luck.
Edward Trimnell @EdwardTrimnell
John Scalzi, studiously ignoring Vox Day. Lol.
MAGA Thermite @SirThermite
It's telling how Gamma 0 isn't content anymore with calling @voxday a racist, has to lie about him being a failure
Just a reminder that John Scalzi is so successful, and cares so little about what other people think, that he told Lightspeed Magazine in 2010 that Whatever was getting more than 2 million pageviews per month when it was actually getting 409,745. As it is written, SJWs always lie. The first funny thing - and I would have spotted this if I'd been paying attention at the time - is that later that year, he reported 5,131,194 pageviews for the entire year. Be it lying, political analysis, or writing science fiction, he is a mediocrity.
It's true that McRapey gives zero fucks, but about the truth, not about what you think of him. He cares very much indeed about that. And if you're here reading this, you are probably already aware that John Scalzi says you're an asshole. See: Third Law of SJW.
Speaking of the Laws of SJW, the second funny thing is that McRapey is still trying to preserve his narrative about my being a failure when Castalia House now sells more books than he does and November's VP-only traffic was 3,446,312 pageviews, which happens to be 3.3 times more than Whatever's very best month ever back in May 2012. Scalzi has been in decline ever since, as his site traffic and Google Trends and flat number of Twitter followers all demonstrate.
I'm not trying to prove I'm more popular than he is. I am conclusively proving it, using the very metric that he dishonestly used to create a false media narrative of his own popularity. Far from being desperate, I am distinctly amused at his complete inability to admit the observable reality; Gamma pride is truly a thing to behold. And once his attempt to rip off Isaac Asimov fails to take him to the next level, again, it's back to the coal mines of the midlist for poor McRapey. His readers know the truth, of course, even as they rush to smooth his ruffled feathers.
What matters is not the roar of the world but the love of your family & the affection of your friends. You've got that in spades.
Or, you know, maybe not.
John Scalzi @scalzi
When retweeting things, try to be better than your racist aunt forwarding bullshit she found on Facebook. It's easier than you think.
2. Is í an Dheis Ailtéarnach mar MHALAIRT ar an ghluaiseacht coimeádach lárshrutha i SAM (Stáit Aontaithe Mhericeá), a bhí achoimríodh ar dtús san oráid dar teideal “10 Conservative Principles (10 Prionsabail Coimeádacha)” le Russell Kirk i mbliana 1987, ach i ndáiríre tá a chuiditheoirí tar éis a chineachadh i dtreo Progressivism. Tá an Dheis Ailtéarnach freisin mar mhalairt ar Libertarianism.
3. Ní an Dheis Ailtéarnach dearcadh cosanta í, agus diúltaíonn muid an coincheap de díomua uasal phrionsabálta. Is mór fealsúnacht ionsaí í, a dhíríonn ar an todhchaí, i ngach ciall an téarma sin. Creideann an Dheis Ailtéarnach i bua trí marthanachta ach fós ar aon dul leis an eolaíocht, réaltacht, traidisiún cultúrtha, agus na ceachtanna den staire.
4. Creideann an Dheis Ailtéarnach go bhfuil buaic den éacht dhaonna é sibhialtacht an Iarthair, agus tacaíonn muid leis na trí cholún a chuid bhunaíodh: An Chríostaíocht, na náisiúin den hEorpa, agus an oidhreacht Gréag-Rómhánacha.
5. Is an Dheis Ailtéarnach náisiúnaí i hoscáilte agus i gchomhfhios. Tacaíonn muid le gach cineál de náisiúnachas, agus an ceart de gach náisiún a mhaireann, aonchineálach gan mheascadh gan truailliú, den ionradh eachtrach agus inimirce.
6. Tá sí bunaithe ar a fhealsúnacht den frith-domhandach. Téann muid in éadan gach grúpa atá ag obair do idéalacha domhandacha nó cuspóirí domhandacha.
7. Is í an Dheis Ailtéarnach frith-comhionannas. Diúltaíonn muid an smaoineamh den chomhionannais ar an gcúis chéanna mar a séanann muid gurb ann aonbheannaigh agus leipreachain, mar aithníonn muid nach comhionannas daonna ann in aon foirm eolaíocha, dlíthiúla, ábhar inbhraite, intleachtúil, gnéasach, nó spioradálta.
8. Is í an Dheis Ailtéarnach scientodific. Glacann muid go creatúil na conclúidí atá ann faoi láthair ar an modh eolaíoch (scientody), afách - ag an am céanna - tuigeann muid a.) gur bhfuil na conclúidí faoi dhliteanas athbhreithnithe amach anseo, b.) gur é sin scientistry goilliúnach do éilliú agus c.) níl an comhdhearcadh sin ar a dtugtar eolaíochta atá bunaithe ar scientody, ach daonlathas, agus dá bhrí sin tá sé neamheolaíoch go bunúsach.
9. Creideann an Dheis Ailtéarnach go bhfuil féiniúlacht > (níos mó ná) cultúr > pholaitíocht.
10. Téann an Dheis Ailtéarnach in éadan an riail nó forlámhas d'aon ghrúpa eitneach dúchais ag eile, go háirithe ina dtíortha dhúchais ceannasach na bpobal atá faoi mhursantacht. Téann an Dheis Ailtéarnach in éadan aon ghrúpa eitneach neamhdhúchasacha a fháil tionchar iomarcach in aon sochaí trí nepotism, treibheachas, nó ar aon mhodh eile.
11. Tuigeann an Dheis Ailtéarnach go bhfuil Gaireacht móide (+) Éagsúlacht ionann (=) Cogadh.
12. Is cuma leis an Dheis Ailtéarnach cad a cheapann tú orainn.
13. Diúltaíonn an Dheis Ailtéarnach trádáil idirnáisiúnta saor in aisce, agus an saorghluaiseacht na ndaoine a éilíonn an trádáil sin. Na buntáistí a bhaineann le trádáil idirnáisiúnta saor in aisce nach bhfuil fianaise do na sochair na trádála idirnáisiúnta saor in aisce.
14. Creideann an Dheis Ailtéarnach gur caithimid an eiseadh a dhaingniú de na daoine na hEorpa agus don todhchaí den pháistí Eorpacha.
15. Ní chreideann an Dheis Ailtéarnach sa ardcheannas ginearálta aon chine, náisiún, daoine, no fo-speicis. Tá a láidreachtaí uathúla féin agus laigí ag gach cine, náisiún, daoine, agus daonna fo-speicis, agus atá ceart ceannasach acu ina tsealbha dhílis féin chun a gcónaí gan díobháil i gcultúr dúchais fearr leis.
16. Is í an Dheis Ailtéarnach fealsúnacht a chuireann luach ar an tsíocháin i measc na náisiún éagsúla ar fud an domhain agus i gcoinne cogaí a fhorchur luachanna náisiúin ar mhuin chomh maith le hiarrachtaí chun náisiúin aonair a dhíothú trí chogaidh, cinedhíothú, inimirce, nó comhshamhlú ghéiniteach.
Is í an Dheis Ailtéarnach idé-eolaíocht an Iarthair go gcreideann san eolaíocht, stair, réaltacht, agus an ceart chun náisiún géiniteach a bheith ann agus a rialú féin ina leasanna féin.
Ar dheis Dé go raibh muid!
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Carlos Slim’s blog, The New York Times, a known political activist organization and fake news publisher, reached out to interview Gab. Our policy with fake news websites is to either grant them a recorded telephone interview or a written-only interview at our discretion. In this case, we opted for a written interview. We do this to keep the dishonest, politically motivated media in check. Only 6% of the American public trusts the media, and for good reason.
Here is the article that was published on Gab by The New York Times.
Below are the answers to the questions they sent us. We will let you decide if their article was objective, fair, and not politically motivated. The interview was with Utsav Sanduja, Gab’s Chief Communications Officer.
When did Andrew first conceive of Gab, and why did he decide to start a new social media platform?
Andrew first conceived the idea for Gab after reading about the censorship of conservative news and sources on Facebook’s Trending Topics. He witnessed extensive censorship on Reddit, Twitter, and other platforms during the recent election cycle and more broadly noticed a clearly progressive-driven agenda in Silicon Valley where he worked. It was from there he realized that the monopoly in the technology industry had to be shaken up.
What’s the thinking behind the main design features — 300 character limit, up and down voting, and the categories up top and down the side?
Gab has innovated in areas where other platforms have refused to. 300 characters allows for more thoughtful and meaningful discourse in a microblogging environment. Upvoting and downvoting allows both positive and negative sentiment as it empowers the community to surface great content. Categories help users discover interesting topics and diverse communities on Gab who share similar interests. Editing along with edit logs allows users to make quick changes and modify additional information, while keeping the integrity of the post in check.
What are the limitations of Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit? What does Gab offer that they don’t?
Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit are taking the path of censorship — Gab does not. This alone sets us apart from Big Social. The aforementioned platforms also rely immensely on advertising revenues for their core business model, a concept that is proving to be futile in an environment of ad blockers on both mobile and desktop web. Lastly, we feel that Big Social does not empower content creators, but rather exploits them as said companies make billions off their creativity, time and energy. Gab takes a different approach — we put the user in charge in the expurgation process, we put content creators first so they can sustain their business and passion. And more importantly, we put free speech above all else.
Why a frog? Does the frog have a name?
Gabby the frog was drawn from antediluvian and Biblical sources. First, from Exodus 8:2–7, which is the plague of frogs. The frog serves as a metaphor for Gab “releasing the frogs” on Silicon Valley to expose their corruption, censorship, and information monopoly on the web. Secondly, the African Bullfrog was a source of inspiration after Andrew viewed a Youtube video of this species digging a channel between a drying up pond and a lake to save his tadpoles. Finally, frogs have historically symbolized transformation, rebirth and fertility dating back to the ancient Egyptians and Mesopotamians.
The leadership of the Democratic Party, at the highest levels, has consisted of mostly White men and women and a handful of Latinos. What Democratic leadership in the United States Congress, Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) and the Democratic National Committee (DNC) doesn’t have — and has never had — is a representative from its most loyal voting bloc over the last three presidential elections: Black women. To say that all quarters of Democratic Party leadership is in need of change is a vast understatement.Why shouldn't they indeed? If you're a Democrat and you don't support a gay black women for every party leadership position, then you are objectively a homophobic, racist, and sexist bigot. Loyalty must be rewarded and privileged Whites and Jews must be banished to the back of the party.
The numbers don’t lie. The Democratic Party has lost a historic number of seats across the board from federal representatives to statehouse races. Part of that shift is due to a realignment caused by the appearance of the first Black president. But another part of it is a lack of strategy and misallocation of millions of dollars in resources focused on the wrong voters. While Democrats roll out the same old leaders who employ the same old losing consultants and staff, they ignore members of their most consistently loyal voting group: Black women.
The 2016 election was, in some ways, a powerful statement on who remains loyal to the Democratic Party and who doesn’t. On that note, Latino voters shocked and confused everyone by giving Donald “build a wall” Trump nearly 30 percent of their votes.
In 2012, more than 70 percent of Black women voted, while White women voted at 65.6 percent. Black women continue to make up a larger proportion of Democratic votes than any other subgroup. Given all the research, the Democratic Party continues to chase and reward other groups. One would think that ensuring that African Americans get to the polls would become a number one priority at the DNC and DCCC or to anyone campaigning for the White House. Instead, the party continues to chase voters who seem to have less loyalty to the party than Black women, spending millions, while losing elections.
More than half of White women (53 percent) voted for Donald Trump. Meanwhile, just 4 percent of African American women and 26 percent of Hispanic women voted for the reality TV star.
Why shouldn’t Reps. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.), Marcia Fudge (D-OH), Joyce Beatty (D-OH), Alma Adams and Rep-Elect Val Demings (D-Fla.) serve in leadership? They’re part of the most reliable voting bloc for the Democratic Party and Fudge, Beatty, Adams and Demings are from key swing states. Who better to figure out how to win voters in other sectors than the members of the sector who’ve already shown support? Who better to lead than a former college administrator, a former mayor in a swing state or a former police chief in a battleground state?
Let's keep this party rolling, everyone!
That's one down. Now we just need to convince the cuckservatives to either a) leave the White American Party altogether and sit in the back of the Not-White bus or b) get over their "I would just love to vote for a clean and articulate minority like [insert Black name here] to demonstrate how totally not-racist I am" fetish already.
Anyhow, this is the only chance black women are ever going to get. By 2020, Asians will be demanding their fair share of representation, which means Jews are all but done in both parties.
The plane was carrying Brazilian club side Chapecoense Real to the first of two games to decide the Copa Sudamericana, South America's second-biggest club tournament. Based in the city of Chapeco, in southern Brazil, the unsung team was having a Cinderella season after defying the odds to reach the finals. The team's goalkeeper Marcos Danilo Padilha, 31, whose heroic last minute save assured their progression, died on the way to hospital after the crash.These gestures may seem empty and pointless, but keep in mind that they are gestures worth literally millions of dollars. It's the equivalent of one team foregoing a Lombardi trophy and Super Bowl championship, and three other teams voluntarily giving up their chance at the big leagues and the subsequent TV revenue shares and advertising revenue that involves.
Soccer-mad Brazil declared three days of mourning while their opponents Atletico Nacional, of Medellin, asked for the winning trophy to be awarded to the Brazilians in honour of the dead.
Fellow top division Brazilian sides also showed solidarity by offering loan players to Chapecoense and urging the national federation to give it a three-year stay against relegation while the club gets back on its feet.
Meanwhile the legends of the sport - from Lionel Messi to Pele - sent condolences.
It won't bring the Chapecoense players back, but it will ensure they are not quickly forgotten. And it is always inspiring to see basic human decency persevere in the face of tragedy.
2. Die Alt Regs is 'n ALTERNATIEF vir die hoofstroom konserwatiewe beweging in die VSA wat nominaal verwoord word deur Russel Kirk se [10 Konserwatiewe Beginsels], maar in werklikheid afgewentel het na progressivisme. Dit is ook 'n alternatief vir libertarianisme.
3. Die Alt Regs is nie 'n defensiewe houding nie en verwerp die konsep van edele en beginselvaste nederlae. Dit is 'n vooruitdenkende filosofie gefokus op offensief, in elke sin van die woord. Die Alt Regs glo in oorwinning deur volharding en deur in harmonie te verkeer met die wetenskap, realiteit, kulturele tradisie, en die lesse van die geskiedenis.
4. Die Alt Regs glo die Westerse beskawing is die toppunt van menslike prestasie en ondersteun die drie pilare van sy fondasie: Christendom, die Europese nasies, en die Grieks-Romeinse nalatenskap.
5. Die Alt Regs is openlik en uitgesproke nasionalisties. Dit ondersteun alle nasionalismes en die bestaansreg van nasies, homogeen en nie vervuil deur immigrasie of besetting nie.
6. Die Alt Regs is anti-globalisties. Dit verwerp alle groepe wat streef na globalistiese ideale of doelwitte.
7. Die Alt Regs is anti-egalitaries. Dit verwerp die idee van gelykheid vir dieselfde rede waarom dit die idees van eenhorings, “leprechauns” of die tokkelossie verwerp. Dit neem waar dat daar nie so iets soos gelykheid bestaan in enige waarneembare vorm in die wetenskaplike-, regs-, materiele-, intellektuele-, seksuele of geestelike sin nie.
8. Die Alt Regs aanvaar die huidige gevolgtrekkings van die wetenskaplike metodiek (in Engels “scientody”), maar verstaan dat a) hierdie gevolgtrekkings onderworpe is aan toekomstige verwysing, b) dat die praktyk van wetenskap (in Engels “scientistry”) vatbaar is vir korrupsie, en c) dat die sogenaamde wetenskaplike konsensus nie gebaseer is op die wetenskaplike metodiek nie, maar op demokrasie, en daarom intrinsiek onwetenskaplik is.
9. Die Alt Regs glo identiteit > kultuur > politiek.
10. Die Alt Regs is gekant teen die regering of dominasie van een inheemse etniese groep deur 'n ander, veral in die soewereine tuislande van die onderdruktes. Die Alt Regs is gekant teen enige nie-inheemse etniese groep wat buitensporige invloed in die samelewing bekom deur nepotisme, stamgebondenheid, of enige ander metode.
11. Die Alt Regs verstaan dat diversiteit + nabyheid = oorlog.
12. Die Alt Regs gee nie om wat jy daarvan dink nie.
13. Die Alt Regs verwerp internasionale vrye handel en die vrye beweging van mense wat deur vrye handel vereis word. Die voordele van intra-nasionale vrye handel tussen lande is nie bewyse van die voordele van internasionale vrye handel nie.
14. Die Alt Regs glo dat ons die voortbestaan van witmense en 'n toekoms vir wit kinders moet verseker.
15. Die Alt Regs glo nie in die inherente oppergesag van enige ras, nasie, volk of subspesie nie. Elke ras, nasie, volk en menslike subspesie het sy eie unieke sterk- en swakpunte en beskik oor die soewereine reg om sonder inmenging van buite te verkeer in die kultuur wat dit verkies.
16. Die Alt Regs is 'n filosofie wat waarde heg aan vrede tussen die verskeie nasies van die wereld en staan geweld om een nasie se waardestelsel op 'n ander nasie af te dwing teen, sowel as pogings om individuele nasies uit te wis deur oorlog, volksmoord, immigrasie of genetiese assimilasie.
It started with Sam Harris, moved on to Milo Yiannopoulos and almost led to full-scale Islamophobia. If it can happen to a lifelong liberal, it could happen to anyone!
‘Alt-right’ online poison nearly turned me into a racistThe funny thing is that at no point did any of this strike the editors of The Guardian as a pure parody of their SJW Narrative about the Alt-Right. But we are now informed that this brave piece of soul-searching by one of the bravest, most deeply sensitive men on the Internet, the glorious Godfrey Elfwick.
I am a happily married, young white man. I grew up in a happy, Conservative household. I’ve spent my entire life – save the last four months – as a progressive liberal. All of my friends are very liberal or left-leaning centrists. I have always voted Liberal Democrat or Green. I voted remain in the referendum. The thought of racism in any form has always been abhorrent to me. When leave won, I was devastated.
I was curious as to the motives of leave voters. Surely they were not all racist, bigoted or hateful? I watched some debates on YouTube. Obvious points of concern about terrorism were brought up. A leaver cited Sam Harris as a source. I looked him up: this “intellectual, free-thinker” was very critical of Islam. Naturally my liberal kneejerk reaction was to be shocked, but I listened to his concerns and some of his debates.
This, I think, is where YouTube’s “suggested videos” can lead you down a rabbit hole. Moving on from Harris, I unlocked the Pandora’s box of “It’s not racist to criticise Islam!” content. Eventually I was introduced, by YouTube algorithms, to Milo Yiannopoulos and various “anti-SJW” videos (SJW, or social justice warrior, is a pejorative directed at progressives). They were shocking at first, but always presented as innocuous criticism from people claiming to be liberals themselves, or centrists, sometimes “just a regular conservative” – but never, ever identifying as the dreaded “alt-right”.
For three months I watched this stuff grow steadily more fearful of Islam. “Not Muslims,” they would usually say, “individual Muslims are fine.” But Islam was presented as a “threat to western civilisation”. Fear-mongering content was presented in a compelling way by charismatic people who would distance themselves from the very movement of which they were a part.
At the same time, the anti-SJW stuff also moved on to anti-feminism, men’s rights activists – all that stuff. I followed a lot of these people on Twitter, but never shared any of it. I just passively consumed it, because, deep down, I knew I was ashamed of what I was doing. I’d started to roll my eyes when my friends talked about liberal, progressive things. What was wrong with them? Did they not understand what being a real liberal was? All my friends were just SJWs. They didn’t know that free speech was under threat and that politically correct culture and censorship were the true problem.
On one occasion I even, I am ashamed to admit, very diplomatically expressed negative sentiments on Islam to my wife. Nothing “overtly racist”, just some of the “innocuous” type of things the YouTubers had presented: “Islam isn’t compatible with western civilisation.”
She was taken aback: “Isn’t that a bit … rightwing?”
I justified it: “Well, I’m more a left-leaning centrist. PC culture has gone too far, we should be able to discuss these things without shutting down the conversation by calling people racist, or bigots.”
The indoctrination was complete.
About a week before the US election, I heard one of these YouTubers use the phrase “red-pilled” – a term from the film The Matrix – in reference to people being awakened to the truth about the world and SJWs. Suddenly I thought: “This is exactly like a cult. What am I doing? I’m turning into an arsehole.”
I unsubscribed and unfollowed from everything, and told myself outright: “You’re becoming a racist. What you’re doing is turning you into a terrible, hateful person.” Until that moment I hadn’t even realised that “alt-right” was what I was becoming; I just thought I was a more open-minded person for tolerating these views.
It would take every swearword under the sun to describe how I now feel about tolerating such content and gradually accepting it as truth. I’ve spent every day since feeling shameful for being so blind and so easily coerced.
US election day rolled around, and I was filled with dread. Trump’s win felt like EU referendum morning all over again – magnified by a hundred. Although I never shared any of this rubbish with anybody, I feel partly responsible. It’s clear this terrible ideology has now gone mainstream.
It hit me like a ton of bricks. Online radicalisation of young white men. It’s here, it’s serious, and I was lucky to be able to snap out of it when I did. And if it can get somebody like me to swallow it – a lifelong liberal – I can’t imagine the damage it is doing overall.
It seemed so subtle – at no point did I think my casual and growing Islamophobia was genuine racism. The good news for me is that my journey toward the alt-right was mercifully brief: I never wanted to harm or abuse anybody verbally, it was all very low level – a creeping fear and bigotry that I won’t let infest me again. But I suspect you could, if you don’t catch it quickly, be guided into a much more overt and sinister hatred.
I haven’t yet told my wife that this happened, and I honestly don’t know how to. I need to apologise for what I said and tell her that I certainly don’t believe it. It is going to be a tough conversation and I’m not looking forward to it. I didn’t think this could happen to me. But it did and it will haunt me for a long time to come.
Moreover, it points to the way in which Alt-Right ideas are beginning to appear increasingly seductive to white liberals, progressives, and SJWs, as the reality of identity politics is beginning to gradually penetrate their Narrative-numbed consciousnesses and they finally start to recognize what the eventual consequences of their ideologies are turning out to be.
Tuesday, November 29, 2016
Andrew Torba: "Wait your two weeks. We don't interview with fake news sites."
We don't need them. We don't need to genuflect to them, accommodate them, or even talk to them.
I've been on Twitter since 2009. I have 26,900 followers there. I've been on Gab for about four months. I have 11,579 followers there. At this rate of relative growth, I may not have any more reason to bother with Twitter than with MySpace within a year.
The chart above is a Google Trends comparison between three writers, John Scalzi, Jim C. Hines, and myself. What is interesting about it is the way that it completely demolishes both the SF-SJW narrative as well as the idea that one's only path to success runs through the gatekeepers.
Remember, the SF-SJW Narrative is that John Scalzi was hugely popular due to Whatever being the most popular blog in science fiction. Tor Books signed him because of that massive success, and he subsequently became one of the leading authors of science fiction, which led to his massive $2.3 million book contract and his status as the unquestioned #1 author at Tor Books, itself the #1 science fiction publisher. He presently stands astride science fiction like a snarky giant, the one true heir to Robert Heinlein, Philip K. Dick, H. Beam Piper, and Isaac Asimov, all in one.
That's the Narrative, anyway. But as you can see, even at the time of my initial encounter with him in March 2005, his trend score was less than twice mine, at 26-17 the month before. And as we now know, he was always lying about his site traffic, exaggerating it by as much as a factor of 5x, although we should have known that by virtue of his lower-than expected Google Trend score.
Scalzi's signing by Tor Books subsequently boosted his career, as the general growth, and two peaks in particular, demonstrate. But not even winning the Hugo, two major book tours, or the announcement of the biggest publicly announced book contract in science fiction was enough to help him break out and reach the level of a genuine leading author like Brandon Sanderson, and his declining site traffic actually has him trending well below where he was back in 2004. Sanderson's current advantage is 54-12 and the 5-year average is 41-15. As I have repeatedly observed, Scalzi is a midlist author masquerading as a leading author courtesy of an amenable authority named PNH.
He'll surely get another spike when Tor starts pumping up his next book in earnest next spring, but that effect will fade away as quickly as the previous attempts have. And that is when you have the benefit of the biggest publisher in science fiction pushing you on the world! No wonder he admits to feeling like an imposter, it's because he is an imposter. He has been from the start.
Now look at Jim C. Hines, a lesser Tor author who has desperately tried to follow in Scalzi's footsteps through a combination of award-pimping and very loud virtue-signaling. Despite all McCreepy's efforts, he has barely been able to move the needle despite 12 years of hard slogging. One has to rather marvel at his stubborn persistence in this regard, because most people would have figured out by now that their strategy was not working.
The funny thing is that Hines is one of the many SF-SJWs who have constantly tried to push the Narrative that I am irrelevant. But neither Google Analytics nor Google Trends lies. Whether pageviews, book sales, or interest over time is the metric, it is obvious that it is Hines who is the irrelevant party.
Now, here is where it gets interesting. In case you weren't certain that the Hugo Awards were irrelevant, and that the gatekeepers are now toothless, here is a comparison of Hugo Award-winner and New York Times columnist N.K. Jemison, Hugo Award-winner Kameron Hurley, and an oft-No Awarded outsider nominally banned from the respectable ranks.
That little spike on the red line, which only got Jemisin to within 6 points of where I was back in March 2005 when I first encountered PNH, TNH, and John Scalzi, is Jemisin's much-ballyhooed Best Novel win. The effect has already worn off, of course, and Jemisin will likely return to her former obscurity quickly enough, as few of those unfortunate readers who sample her depressing, degenerate, award-winning work are likely to remain within her literary orbit for long.
But there are three larger lessons here than the fact that I am not above reminding SF-SJWs of their continuing inferiority and irrelevance. The first lesson is that you can NEVER trust an SJW narrative. They ALWAYS lie, and moreover, they will readily lie about things you can independently verify. Never take anything they say at face value. The SJW Narrative is that Jemisin, Hurley, and Hines are Important and Relevant Award-Winning Science Fiction Authors whereas I am a minor, vanity-published figure banished to the periphery, when the reality is that all of them sell fewer books than I do, all of them get considerably less site traffic than I do, and all of them cumulatively generate less than half the global interest I do.
The second lesson is the importance of building your own media platform and selecting your long-term partners carefully. As long as you are propped up by someone else, be it Tor Books, the New York Times, FoxNews, Universal Press Syndicate, or WorldNetDaily, you are going to be at least somewhat dependent upon them. That's all right, as all of us need partners and allies, and it simply doesn't make sense for most authors to try to become media savants and publishers as well as writers. Few of us are Mike Cernovich, Vaughn Heppner, or BV Larson.
There is nothing wrong with being helped, or working with a publisher, or taking advantage of a boost offered by someone else, unless it comes at a price you are unwilling to pay. But never confuse being helicoptered to the top of the mountain with climbing it on your own. It doesn't make you a better climber.
The third lesson is that the gatekeepers are more interested in ideological conformity than in awareness, platform, or popularity. If you want to get signed by a science fiction publisher, you're better off virtue-signaling on social media than building up a sizeable readership, a big Twitter following, or a popular blog. Of course, you'll sell fewer books that way, but at least you'll be able to enjoy the feeling that you're a big-time author... right up until that fatal moment that you look at the Amazon rankings.
At least seven members of Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte's security team and two soldiers were injured in a roadside bombing ambush by suspected Muslim militants. The attack took place ahead of the president's planned visit to the south of the country, AFP reported citing the president and the Armed Forces.I am confident that President Duterte's response to the attack will be temperate, restrained, and proportional. Between Putin, Trump, and Duterte, it appears that the nations are beginning to produce strong leaders worthy of the challenge of the times.
An explosive device planted along the road detonated when the presidential convoy headed to Marawi, the capital of Lanao del Sur province on the island of Mindanao, the second-largest island of the Philippines. “The truck carrying the president's advance security detail was hit by an improvised explosive device,” Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said, as cited by Reuters. “There was no firefight.”
Lorenzana said that he advised Duterte to cancel his visit to Marawi, scheduled for Wednesday, as the situation is “still not under control.” The president chose to ignore the advice. Never one to take the easy way out, the combative Duterte said that “The advice was to postpone. I said no, I will go there. And if possible, take the same route,” the president was cited by Reuters, and added that “Maybe we can have a little gunfight here, gunfight there.”
Jill Stein has everything she needs to launch a presidential recount. She's got the cash, the grassroots fervor and the spotlight of an adoring media. But there's one thing she needs to overturn Trump's victory: a calendar.All of the dark conspiracy theories about overturning the election were nonsensical. Jill Stein's call for a recount was driven by one thing: money. She raised far more money than was required for the Wisconsin recount, publicly stated that all the money raised would not be used for the recount, and publicly posted an incorrect date on the Pennsylvania deadline.
Stein missed Pennsylvania's deadline to file for a voter-initiated recount. That blown deadline is a huge blow for Democrats who have pinned their hopes on recounts in the Keystone State, Michigan and Wisconsin.
"According to Wanda Murren, spokeswoman for the Pennsylvania Department of State," the Philadelphia Inquirer reported Monday, "the deadline for a voter-initiated recount was Monday, Nov. 21."
Cobb said they only factored in Wisconsin when they first publicized their $2.5 million goal on their website. Once the campaign realized the cost of a recount for other states, they upped the goal, he said.
The money will be used to pay off the Green Party's campaign debt, which is to say, into the bank accounts of the staffers. It would be informative to know if they knew the November 28th filing date was inaccurate when they posted it.
And then, there is this:
Just two days after confirming that he would participate in Jill Stein's recounts in WI, MI and PA, Hillary campaign attorney, Marc Elias, is now publicly calling on North Carolina Republican Gubernatorial candidate, Pat McCrory, to halt his recount efforts and concede his race.Once you open Pandora's Box, don't think you can control the demons that are released.
AP: Avoid using 'alt-right' without contextIt should be amusing to see them try to define it in the next set of guidelines. What this indicates, however, is that they've failed to stamp the Alt-Right as either Nazis or White Supremacists, which was their initial attempt to address it. They want to avoid so much as mentioning the term without providing the necessary context, which means framing it to fit their Narrative.
The Associated Press Monday released new guidelines for referencing the "alt-right," which ask that journalists use the term alongside its definition and in context of its association with racist beliefs.
The new guidelines read: "'Alt-right' (quotation marks, hyphen and lower case) may be used in quotes or modified as in the 'self-described' or 'so-called alt-right' in stories discussing what the movement says about itself. Avoid using the term generically and without definition, however, because it is not well known and the term may exist primarily as a public-relations device to make its supporters' actual beliefs less clear and more acceptable to a broader audience."
As it is written, SJWs always lie.
Meanwhile, the Romanian and Bulgarian translations of the 16 Points of the Alt-Right have been delivered and posted. We now have more translations than points; don't hesitate to copy them and spread them around the Internet. While the Hoax Media is dithering and deceiving themselves and attempting to marginalize us, we're rapidly expanding across the globe. Those in need of getting up to speed on the Alt-Right may wish to note that one can quickly access all of the Alt-Right-related posts on this blog via the link on the right sidebar below the various translations.
1. Dreapta Alt este parte a dreptei atât in sens american cât și european. Socialiștii nu sunt parte a Dreptei Alt. Progresiștii nu sunt parte a Dreptei Alt. Liberalii nu sunt parte a Dreptei Alt. Comuniștii, Marxiștii, adepții marxismului cultural, neoconservatorii nu sunt parte a Dreptei Alt.
2. Dreapta Alt este o ALTERNATIVĂ la mișcarea conservatoare dominantă din Statele Unite ale Americii care, deși incapsulată ilustrativ în cele 10 Principii ale Gândirii Conservatoare ale lui Russel Kirk, în realitate a involuat spre progresivism. De asemenea, este o alternativa la libertarianism.
3. Dreapta Alt nu reprezintă o atitudine defensivă si respinge conceptul înfrângerii nobile și principiale. Este o filosofie de viitor, ofensiva, în toate sensurile termenului. Dreapta Alt crede în atingerea scopurilor prin perseverență și rămânerea în armonie cu știința, realitatea, tradiția culturală, și lecțiile istoriei.
4. Dreapta Alt crede că civilizația vestică reprezintă apogeul realizărilor umanității și sprijină cei trei piloni ai acesteia: creștinismul, națiunile europene, și moștenirea greco-romană.
5. Dreapta Alt își afișează în mod deschis și clar principiile naționaliste. Sprijină toate mișcările naționaliste și dreptul tuturor națiunilor de a exista, de a rămâne omogene și neafectate de invazii străine sau mișcari imigraționiste.
6. Dreapta Alt este antiglobalistă. Se opune tuturor grupurilor care au o agendă care conține idealuri sau obiective globaliste.
7. Dreapta Alt este antiegalitariană. Respinge ideea de egalitate din același motiv pentru care respingea ideea existenței unicornilor și spiridușilor, notând faptul că egalitatea umană nu există în nicio formă observabilă, fie aceasta știintifică, legală, materială, intelectuală, sexuală, sau spirituală.
8. Dreapta Alt își bazează concluziile pe metoda științifică, acceptă prezumtiv concluziile actuale ale metodei științifice, dar în același timp admite că a) aceste concluzii sunt susceptibile unei revizuiri viitoare, b) că actul științific este susceptibil la corupție, și c) că așa-numitul consens științific nu se bazează pe metodă știintifică ci pe acord democratic, și este intrinsec neștiințific.
9. Dreapta Alt conclude că identitatea > cultura > politica. Actul politic este precedat de cultura unei comunității care la rândul ei este determinată de identitatea celor care compun acea comunitate.
10. Dreapta Alt se opune guvernării sau dominării unui grup etnic de către altul, în special în cazurile când acestea au loc pe pământurile de baștină ale popoarelor dominate. Dreapta Alt se opune obținerii de influență excesivă în societate de către grupurile etnice neindigene prin nepotism, tribalism, sau oricare altă metodă.
11. Dreapta Alt înțelege faptul că diversitate + proximitate = război.
12. Dreapta Alt este indiferentă la ceea ce crezi tu despre acest curent de gândire.
13. Dreapta Alt respinge comerțul internațional liber și mișcarea liberă a persoanelor care este intrinsecă acestuia. Beneficiile comerțului intranațional nu se constituie în evidențe care sa sprijine beneficile comerțului internațional.
14. Dreapta Alt conclude că supraviețuirea popoarelor albe și a copiilor albi trebuie securizată.
15. Dreapta Alt nu crede în supremația generală a oricărei rase, națiuni, popor, sau sub-specie. Fiecare rasă, națiune, popor, și sub-specie umană are proprile sale puncte forte și slabe, și posedă dreptul suveran de a sălășlui nestingherit în cultura indigenă preferată.
16. Dreapta Alt este o filosofie care prețuieste pacea între diversele națiuni ale lumii și se opune războiului ca mijloc de a impune valorile unei națiuni asupra alteia, cât și eforturilor de a extermina națiuni dinadins prin război, genocid, imigrație, sau asimilare genetica.
Dreapta Alt este o ideologie vestică sprijinându-se pe știință, istorie, realitate, și dreptul unei națiuni genetice de a exista și a se autoguverna spre a își atinge proprile interese.
Алтернативното дясно е политическо дясно в американският и европейският смисъл на термина. Социалистите не са от Алтернативно десни. Прогресивизмът не е Алтернативно дясен. Либералите не са Алт-Дясни. Комунистите, марксистите, културни марксисти и неоконсерваторите не са Алтернативни Десни.
Алтернативното дясно е АЛТЕРНАТИВА на преобладаващото консервативно движение в САЩ което е изразено от „10 консервативни принципа“ на Ръсел Кърк, но всъшност се е изродило в прогресивизъм. То е алтернатива и на либертарианството.
Алтернативното дясно не е отбранително перспектива и е отказ от концепцията за благородно поражение. Това е една модерна философия на настъплението – във всеки смисъл на тази дума. Алтернативното дясно вярва в победа чрез постоянство и идеята за хармония с науката, реалността, културните традиции и уроците на историята.
Алтернативното дясно смята, че Западната цивилизация е короната на човешкият гении и поддържа трите основни стълба: Христианството, Европейските нации и гръко-римското наследство.
Алтернативното дясно не крие своят национализъм. То подкрепя всички национализми и Правото на съществуване на всички нации, хомогенно и необезпокоявано от имиграционни процеси.
Алтернативното дясно е анти-глобалистко. То е срещу всички онези които се застъпват за глобалистки цели и идеи.
Алтернативното дясно се противопоставя на сляпият егалитаризъм. Отрича тази идея поради същата причина заради която отхвърля съществуването на еднорози и леприкони, като отбелязва, че хората не са равни по нито едно научно, юридическо, материално, интелектуално, полово или душевно състояние.
Алтернативното дясно e научно ориентирано. То признава научните заключения на научният метод, като разбира: А) че тези въпросните заключения подлежат на преразглеждане; Б) че научната общност също е податлива на корупция и В) че така нареченият научен консенсус се основава не на науката, а на демокрацичната идея, откъдето и идват ненаучни заключения.
Алтернативното дясно вярва в идентичност>култура>политика.
Алтернативното дясно се противопоставя на угнетяването на един етнос от друг, особено ако първият е на собствена земя. Алтернативното дясно е срещу всеки чужд етнос който се опитва да достигне огромно влияние във всяко общество чрез непотизъм, клан или чрез други средства.
Алтернативното дясно приема за вярно идеята, че хетерогенност + близост = война.
На Алтернативното дясно не му пука какво мислите за него.
Алтернативното дясно отхвърля идеята за международната свободна търговия и миграция на хора която свободната търговия изисква. Ползите от международната свободна търговия не е доказателство за предимствата на международната свободна търговия.
Алтернативното дясно предполага нуждата от обезпечаването на съществуването на белите народи и белите деца.
Алтернативното дясно не вярва в идеята за превъзходство на която и да е раса, нация, народ или друг подвидов. Всяка раса, нация, народ и човешки подвид има своите уникални качества, предимства и недостатъци, и суверенното право на спокоен живот в рамките на собствената си култура.
Алтернативното дясно е философия която цени мира между различните нации в света и е срещу войните водени с цел да се наложат ценностите на един народ върху друг, както е и срещу всички опити да се унищожават отделните нации чрез война, геноцид, имиграция или генетична асимилация.